Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Stupido, Tonto

Actually more like one step forward, two steps back. My weight was back up to 143 this week from 138. I focused on eating complete protein with each meal and after a workout. I also increased how much I ate for breakfast. That helped eliminate the dead legs I've been feeling.

After the rain on Friday, I tried running Harding Truck Trail on Saturday but it was pretty muddy and slippery. So instead I made the mistake of going on a 17 mile road run. That left me with the usual small but persistent pain in my right soleus. I think it's best if I just stay off pavement. So here's what happened this week.

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
10 miles on track in 1:33:01 with a big speedup over the last 4 milesFailed interval workout at Larwin Park7.6 mile out and back in Laguna Canyon7.6 mile out and back in Laguna Canyonnothing (rain)17 mile road run to Seal Beachnothing (pain in soleus)

No comments: