I came up with the following workout.
Starting on a concrete levee, basically a 30 degree slope that's about 20 feet high:
- Run straight up, emphasizing turnover, not stride length.
- Run Carioca sideways (traveling both to the left and right).
- Run straight up again.
Then, I ride my bike back to the local park and do the following.
- Some running straight to warm up.
- Some Cariocas
- 1 step Zigzag, so push off left to go right, then on the next step push off right to go left - for 32 steps.
- 1 step reversed Zigzag, push off left to go left, then push off right to go right.
- 2 step Zigzag, so push off left, first traveling right, then 2 steps later traveling left.
- 2 step Zigzag, push off right.
Also, inspired by Serena Williams, today I squeezed out as many 24 step sprints as I felt I could without further injuring myself. I iced and used the EMS machine afterwards.