Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weeks in review - 10/24/2011 through 11/13/2011

Here's the last three weeks of workouts since I moved my long run from Thursday (where it wasn't working out) to Wednesday. This move made Tuesday/Wednesday and Saturday/Sunday both fast/long pairs of workouts (fast for me, that is).

10/24/2011 - 10/30/2011
  • Monday - 2 easy pm, 3x16xpushups, situps,3x4 pullups
  • Tuesday - 2 (warmup)+ 5x2k
  • Wednesday - 10 (road run) To El Dorado park
  • Friday - 2 easy
  • Saturday - 2+4 (tempo run)
  • Sunday - 14.2 on trails - Whittier 3 loops

10/31/2011 - 11/6/2011
  • Monday - 2 easy pm, 3x16xpushups, situps, 3x4 pullups
  • Tuesday - 2+5x2k
  • Wednesday - 12 (on river route) to Edison Park
  • Thursday - 4 easy
  • Saturday - 2+4+1
  • Sunday - 11.33 on trails - Rowland Heights (cut short because it was raining)

11/7/2011 - 11/13/2011
  • Monday - 2 easy pm, 3x16xpushups, situps,3x4 pullups
  • Tuesday - 5x2k at Larwin (10 total). (Running on) grass gets me to drive more.
  • Wednesday - 14 on river. Rolled lt ankle just before turn around but apparently no problem.
  • Thursday - 2 at lunch
  • Saturday - 2+3
  • Sunday - 16.6 on river - Left knee a little touchy, probably from running in grass

Negatives
  • I've been consistent about missing an easy workout on either Thursday or Friday.
  • I have not been doing pushups/situps/pullups on the second easy day of the week.
  • Sunday has been deviating from plan the last two weeks (partly due to weather).

Positives
  • This is really quite consistent for me, certainly more so than before I had heart problems.
  • I've dealt effectively with weather and conflicts (like today).
  • I'm increasing my workload roughly according to plan because the plan is based on how well I've been able to increase the workload.
  • I got the road run pretty much up to the full distance.

Adjustments
  • I'll try to cut the grass runs back to once per week for a while.
  • I'll focus on getting in the Sunday workout (keep it on trails and hills/mountains, coordinate in advance), especially since increasing that to the 19 to 20 mile range is the next change planned.


Here's the Google Earth image of my beach/river run. I ran to just the 8.3 mile point on Sunday (end of the bike path).

No comments: