Sunday, May 20, 2007

100 mile week

It's been a while since I had a 100 mile week. It didn't hurt that I had vacation all of this week.
5/14 - 11 miles - S ridge/E ridge run in Whittier Hills - saw 3 deer
5/15 - 19 miles - New road loop I thought I'd try - won't try again since I picked up a lot of thorns running along an old railroad bed. I'll try the modified version next week.
5/16 - 8 miles - After staying up (working) the night before and then going into work in the morning, ran the 8 mile shortened Rowland Heights loop (mentioned before). Why shortened? I only had my Vibram Five Fingers and my heels have been sore (tendonitis-wise) so I cut out that one rocky hill.
5/17 - 18 miles - ran to the Seal Beach pier.
5/18 - 11 miles - full Rowland Heights loop - saw 1 deer. I think this took about 2 hours which isn't the usual leisurely pace (2:10).
5/19 - nothing - Niece's wedding.
5/20 - 33 miles - very evenly paced, 13 minutes faster than last week, no caffeine, only day old rice and some Clif Shots and water. With my heel soreness, I decided to stretch a little bit, just grabbing my feet with my hands (not using weight). Not much leg soreness, nothing was really hurting, not worn out, very pleased with the workout and pleased with the week.
I'll try my 100k time trial on one of the next two weekends. If the weather is supposed to heat up by 6/2, I'll try it on 5/26 or 5/27 instead.

No comments: