Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sore Knees

I got overly enthusiastic last weekend and ran 7500' of descent (and the same ascent). At the end of Monday's workout, my knees were pretty sore. Then on Tuesday, I ran a track workout with a 5 mile commute both ways. I was planning to run 20 miles from work to Park and Ride on Wednesday but my cooler head prevailed (I usually keep it locked in an ice chest but every so often it escapes) and I took the bus home. So nothing on Wednesday. Friday's workout got stopped on the last lap because things around my knees were acting up. I iced really well on Friday and iced one sore spot on Saturday. By Sunday, I put in the planned 16 mile (slow) run so I should be back to full workouts this next week.
    So for the week
  • Mon - 11 miles on trails with 2600' vertical (sore knees)
  • Tue - 13 miles including 1320 yds (4:39), then 6x440 yds
  • Wed - 0
  • Thu - 4 miles in grass
  • Fri - 13 miles (planned to do 16)
  • Sat - 4 miles barefoot in grass
  • Sun - 16 miles

Total - 61 miles

No comments: